This document will help you to create your first issue using Redpen.
You can create issues using the following development power tools of Redpen:
- Redpen web application -Go to web application
- Redpen desktop applications (Windows or Mac). To download and install the applications, click here.
Below is the step-by-step guide that explains how to create issues using the Redpen web application.
1. Capture screenshots, record video of the browser tab, or attach images/files to add them to the issue
To capture screenshots or record video of the browser tab, install Redpen browser extensions.
Once the Redpen browser extension is installed, do the following:
To capture a screenshot or record video,
- Open the browser tab of which you want to capture screenshots or record videos.
- Single click on the Redpen browser extension to capture a screenshot of the browser tab opened.
- Double click on the Redpen browser extension to record a video of the browser tab opened.
To attach images or files,
- Open Redpen web application
- Click on the Upload button to attach images or files or click the Paste button to paste the copied image.
2. Visually explain the issue
By using the Redpen annotations or editing tool, you can highlight or explain the issue visually on the captured screenshot, or attached image.
For videos, highlight issues by using the annotation tool and with your voice comments.
3. Connect to an issue tracking service
To create issues from Redpen, connect a Jira Site or an Azure DevOps organization. Skip this step if you have already connected.
4. Add issue details
Explain the issue in more detail by filling in the issue form. To see the issue form you need to have at least one site connected.
5. Create the issue
Click the Create Issue button to create the issue in the issue tracking service/product.
6. View the issue created
To view the issue created in the issue tracking service/product, click the success message toaster or click on the Last Issue Created link at the bottom of the issue form after the issue is created.
Jira Issue created using Redpen
That is how you can create issues easily by using the Redpen web application.
Watch Video for more context.